Sunday, February 22, 2009

Taking, Um, a Breather

I've downloaded the Colo Colo vs. Sport match that went down on the 17th, but I haven't yet had time to sit down and watch it all the way through. I plan to do a full match report at some point, but I've got to straighten up the house and start the week so it may be as late as next Saturday before I can get back to it.

The short version is that Sport is definitely going with the strategy, mentioned by Nathan on The Lion's Roar some weeks ago, of counting on a packed-in defense that doesn't give up quick goals to score by counterattack with Paulo Baier and Ciro and thus outscore opponents despite spending a lot of time defending for long stretches of the game.

Whether the strategy can be said to be a success is still an open question, at least to me. Sport won, but against a team with better strikers than Colo Colo, they might have been in serious trouble.

The commitment I'm making is that I will have a synopsis posted before the next cup match goes off on the 4th. Until then, Valeu Sport!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is guilherme, and I'm nathan´s bodybuild professor.
    I knew yesterday about his dead, I'm so down...He cant see his team win, and win in the libertadores.
    Sorry for my poor english.
    Nathan we miss you!

    ReplyDelete